There are many ways in which you could raise funds to support your Gold Challenge. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Organize a sports match for parents, teachers or leaders– perhaps Hockey or Volleyball, or even a teachers, leaders and parents sports day. Ask people to pay a small donation to watch what will probably be a very funny match!
2. Host an Olympic DVD night. Invite your friends to your house and charge an entrance fee. Watch some films (we suggest Cool Runnings or Chariots of Fire!) and stop half-way through to sell refreshments too.
3. Organize a ‘dress up as an athlete’ day or evening at your club. Ask each participant to give a £1 donation to dress up for the day!
4. Host an Olympics quiz night for parents or leaders and ask for a donation to participate– come up with lots of questions about the Olympics and test people’s knowledge!
5. Call up your local football team and ask them to donate a few match seats for your Gold Challenge fundraising. Then hold a raffle with these tickets as the prize.
6. Hold an Olympics themed summer garden party/BBQ! Ask for a donation for entrance in exchange for a good time!
7. Get the help of your friends or your family to hold a cake sale at your club or school. Maybe make some Olympic-themed cakes to get everyone in the spirit of Gold Challenge.
8. Collect toys, old sports equipment, books you’ve worn out, and things you just don’t use anymore and sell them at a jumble sale.
9. Be your siblings’ or friends’ slave for an hour or two in exchange for a good donation– painful at the time, but hopefully worth it!
10. Wash cars, do some gardening, walk neighbours’ dogs, do household chores…do any odd job you can find to raise a little bit of extra cash for your Gold Challenge!